Migrations are always through work permits and student visas. But did you ever wonder if you can build your own business? You can accelerate your permanent residency in Canada by buying a business, too. If you are a business owner who wishes to expand globally or a manager looking to relocate your family, the Owner/Operator LMIA Program can be your pathway.
The Owner/Operator program had changed since April 1, 2021, wherein reasonable recruitment efforts are now required to hire Canadian/Permanent residents. This policy already applies to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program for Entrepreneurs. Like any other business owner using for a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), positions need to run advertisements first locally before searching for foreign applicants.
What is the process for the Owner-Operator LMIA Program?
Let us give you a brief rundown of how it works.
- You basically build up your own business in Canada or buying an existing one. The buying process can be similar to housing, a broker offers you listings, or you can have family/relatives search for you.
- Gather all needed requirements and set a senior position for you (as an owner, CEO, operations manager or major shareholder of the business). This lets you have full control of the company.
- Apply for the Owner-Operator LMIA, which is an authorization document from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Apply for a work permit to run your own new business. It lets you fast track the process because you do not need Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA) or language tests (IELTS)
- Otherwise, you can apply for Express Entry for permanent residency right after the LMIA. However, ECA and language tests will be required.
Additionally, your spouse can obtain an open work permit, and your children can get a study visa if you have any.
How can we apply?
Once you have decided to proceed, we are here to help you every step of the way. We will give you a list of businesses to choose from and help you make the most informed decision you can. We will handle the stress of the paperwork so that you can focus on your family’s smooth transition to life in Canada.
We highly recommend this program as it provides fewer restrictions versus other types of immigration schemes. As we said, it is also fast track. You run your business as the owner adhering to Canadian labour laws, and most of us know that having your own income is better than a regular job. If you wish to learn more about the Owner/Operator program, you may fill out our free evaluation form through this link https://loftimmigration.com/free-assessment/business-immigration/, or you may call us at +1(647)390-2283. Our friendly immigration specialists will be very eager to assist you.